Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous Users - controlling what they see

Rhonda Ridge January 29, 2021

I am evaluating Confluence as a Knowledgebase / Help Centre for our customers.

I would like to know if certain elements of the pages anonymous users see can be hidden.

Ideally I would like to issue specific page links and not allow the user to access other pages.

Is it possible to :-

1. Hide the sidebar

2. Hide Header bar (with Home Spaces Apps Templates Create on.)

3. On the More Actions menu only access to export to PDF and nothing else.

4. Hide Created by, Last Updated etc under the page title.

NB I am evaluating the Cloud version

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2021

Hi @Rhonda Ridge

You can't really limit the UI in the Anonymous view, but you could check out Public Links, which does provide a limited UI.

Additionally, my team makes an app called Scroll Viewport you can use to turn your Confluence space(s) into a help center. The user experience is geared toward external readers, so there are no Confluence UI elements visible. Here's our help center, as an example.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Using the Public Links help page you supplied I have searched and searched the settings and can find no Public Links option in the Confluence Settings.

Has it been moved or is it unavailable on a trial version?

The documentation on this appears slightly out of date.

I'd like to try this first as it seems the simplest option.

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2021

@Rhonda Ridge

Public Links is a really new feature, and this is a common issue. I know they can't be enabled while Anonymous Access is. Try disabling Anonymous Access on the site-wide leve and see if the setting for Public Links appears.

If this doesn't work for you, one post I read mentioned having to open a case with Atlassian to fix this.

Let me know it this works for you.

Ok Thanks.

I had already disabled anonymous access

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS