Animated GIF

Claus Juul September 17, 2013

I tried to put in an animated GIF as a space icon (Confluence), it did not turn out animated.

I am guessing that Confluence do not support animated GIF as space icon's am I correct ?

It would be kind of cool if this kickass, cool looking software (Confluence) could have animated GIF's as space icons

8 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Claus Juul September 24, 2013

Atlassian will not do animated gif's

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22996

Thomas Baker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2015

The comment chain in here is hilarious. Even the description of the ticket is funny.

Like # people like this
Jeutnarg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 16, 2016

^^^ I cannot upvote a comment, so consider this an upvote

Like knedlik likes this
Sara Swinehart December 18, 2019

Woof, what a bummer. 

7 votes
Flavian S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 7, 2019

Victor Burgos May 23, 2019

Gif seems to work.

Like # people like this
Genevie Lopez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 23, 2019

Hi @Flavian S What application did you use to create this gif? 

Like Sara Swinehart likes this
Manthan March 6, 2020

@Flavian S  what appli cation did you use to create GIF?

Tyler Jurgens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 23, 2020

Can this be used as an project avatar though?  Embedding a gif into a confluence page is wonderful, but I want my avatars to be animated as well.  Its pretty critical to our workflow.

Dan Anas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 4, 2020

@Tyler Jurgens You might ref. this thread. I've glazed over the idea as well & have come to no avail. Best. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-4942

1 vote
Flavian S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 7, 2019

![Gif](https://image_source.gif "Gif")

Martin Cavallero
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 26, 2019

Yup, that didnt work... :P 

Patrick Stanko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 29, 2019
  1. Fire up your favorite search engine
  2. Enter search term
  3. Select 'Images' to collate images w/r/t step 2
  4. Find image that you desire
  5. Right click .gif image
  6. Select "Save image as..."
  7. Save image to local machine as .gif
  8. Navigate to Confluence page you want to display animated .gif
  9. Go into page edit mode
  10. Insert .gif from local machine; see step 7
  11. Click Publish
Like # people like this
Rakesh Kondreddy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 20, 2020

@Patrick Stanko Thank you it works

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2020

tenor.gif

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013
eyurdakul
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2019

I've tried but then got the error "insufficient unemployment". do you know how to fix it?

Like James Taylor likes this
1 vote
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Claus,

You can run animated gifs, I have about 40 of them in my Confluence. What I found was that if you altered the size of the gif then they don't run when you open the page. However, if you click on one, it opens in a pop up and is animated.

We're running V4.3.7 locally. What are you running?

Cheers.

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2013

yes, it won't support check this issue

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22996

0 votes

Yes I have, this is in regards to embedding ekements on a confluence page, not a space icon.

0 votes

I am running 5.2.3, what I was looking for was animated space icons nothing more than that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events