Anchors do not work on Cloud App

Chris Shayan April 8, 2018

I am using anchors in my page, it works fine on desktop but when I use Cloud App, it is not working and it opens a browser on mobile instead of going to the anchor.

1 answer

0 votes
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Hi, Chris,

What device and OS are you using?

I created a page on our test instance with anchors and could not replicate the behaviour described using iPhone/iOS.

Chris Shayan April 10, 2018

i am using Cloud App (not browser) on android or iOS, both of them not working.

thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Hi, Chris,

Using the Confluence Cloud app here too - tested today with Android 7.1.2 and it worked, also with iOS 11.3.

Can you uninstall the app, install it again and let us know if it worked?

Thanks!

Chris Shayan April 11, 2018

still opens in browser ... are you sure yours work? Because we are like 20 people and none of ours work.

This is how I declared the anchor:

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 8.36.17 AM.png

and this is how I created the link:

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 8.38.19 AM.png

thais
Atlassian Team
April 12, 2018

Hi, Chris,

Thanks for replying.

Are you using Sections?

The steps taken on my test:
- Put the page on Edit mode.
- Select some text (on my case, 'anchor test') > click on Insert link icon > Advanced > add the info: Link: #anchortest, Link text: below.
- Add some text to the page below the link.
- Add the Anchor macro by typing {anchor}.
- Inside the 'edit macro', add the Anchor Name: anchortest > Save.
- Publish the page.
- Open the page on the Confluence Cloud app.

Afterwards I tested using separated sections for the link/anchor, and it still works.

Chris Shayan April 12, 2018

Thanks, I think found the root cause; There are two issues:

• the link if is in a table does not work; you can try it out. I moved the text out of table it worked
  • however there is still issue on image link. I move the image out of table and put a link on it, but on app when I click on the image it tries to open the image instead of going to the anchor.
thais
Atlassian Team
April 13, 2018

Hi, Chris,

"the link if is in a table does not work; you can try it out. I moved the text out of table it worked"

I tried the following variations that worked:
- Link inside a table inside a section, Anchor macro inside another table inside another section.
- Link and Anchor macro inside different tables.
- Link and Anchor macro inside the same table.
- Link inside a table and Anchor macro outside table.
- Link outside table, Anchor macro inside a table.

If possible, please describe all the steps you've followed, so I can test it here with the exact same conditions. :)

"however there is still issue on image link. I move the image out of table and put a link on it, but on app when I click on the image it tries to open the image instead of going to the anchor."

This one I could replicate here, for both OS. The following bug report was opened:

* CONFCLOUD-59514 - Anchor macro: image anchor link not working on Confluence app

We suggest you add yourself as a watcher there to receive the latest updates and changes in status from the developers, adding any information you'd like to share in the comments. You can also find more information on our bug fixing policy here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events