Anchor macro do not work on the same page.

Rale3R August 31, 2022

Anchor links do not work on the same page. Jump to one Anchor only works on the first click, and quite slowly. Each subsequent click on other link according to Anchor does not work. This is one of the important functions and it is unacceptable that it is not working. I tried it on Chrome and Microsoft Edge. This is an example of my page (see "Back to top"): 

https://pinetwork.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/article/960757771

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Rale3R 

I have just tested it on your Confluence page (currently open to the public), and it the anchor links works without any issues in your Confluence pages.

The issue, seems to be only happening with in the article knowledge base link inside the portal: https://pinetwork.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/article/960757771, is that correct?

If that is correct, and happens to any users when using the knowledge base article from the link above, could you confirm if the Confluence page is working without any issues for you?

In this case, we highly suspect, based on our tests, that this could be related to this bug report, that affects the Jira Service Management portal, but doesn't affected the Confluence pages:

It really seems to be the case here, however, in order to have the confirmation on that and also permissions to make any changes to your site, we may need your Site-Admin to open a new request for you at our Contact Support page here in order to open a new ticket on your behalf and ask for Support to confirm if you have this feature enabled and disable it for your site, while the bug is not fixed.

Hope this helps, but if it is not the case, please let us know.

Cheers,
Jessica

Rale3R September 6, 2022

Hi Jessica, thanks for your reply.
Yes, you got it right. Exactly what you described is happening. The Confluence page works without problems, but the published article (the link you attached) does not.

Exactly what is described in this link is happening:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11641

"Actual Results
There are two outcomes we can get:
- After 3-5 seconds we are redirected to the anchor;
- Nothing happens at all (this one occurs more often when you have more than one anchor link)"

I did not understand well, what is my next step? What should I do. I'm not an expert. Can you help me?

Best regards!
Rale3R

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2022

Hey @Rale3R ,

Thank you for checking out the bug report and confirming this is indeed the same issue you are facing in the knowledge base portal.

That being the case, as a workaround for this issue, it would be needed for the Technical Support to be engaged to make a change in the site, disabling the Feature Flag enabled there, so this issue would stop happening for now.

Since the account you are using here is not part of the site/site-administration of the site affected, it would be necessary to contact a site-admin and ask them to create a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, where the site-admin of the site affected would need to fill the information needed in order to open the Support ticket.

Please feel free to add  this thread and the bug report as a reference in the ticket description as well! :)

Hope this helps clarifying the next steps, but let me know if there is any other questions related to it! 

Cheers,
Jessica

Like Rale3R likes this
Rale3R September 7, 2022

Thank you very much, for now! I'll let you know how it goes. 🙂🙏

Like Jessica likes this
0 votes
Rale3R August 31, 2022

Create a Demo with multiple links to the Anchor at the top of the page, then test it and let me try your Demo.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Rale3R ,

it seems to work for me but maybe I missing some subtle detail here. On a test page I added an anchor and I referenced that anchor later in the page. I publish that page scroll down to the anchor reference and I'm able to click on it in a number of times and it'll take me back to the anchor.

Rale3R August 31, 2022

Hello Jack!

Can you try my page that I have attached. Can you go back to the top of the topic list on it? Try jumping to different topics and then returning to the top. I wonder if it works for you? Not to me. But it worked in the previous months. It seems like something happened a short time ago. Maybe you know better what they have been doing?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

I experienced the same as you mentioned. I assume you have verified each of the "back to the top" links are accurate? I am unsure why it is as slow as it is.

Rale3R August 31, 2022

This is a Anchor:

Screenshot 2022-08-31 134337.jpg

And This is what each link looks like:

Screenshot 2022-08-31 134432.jpg

Like Roxanne Sollis likes this
Rale3R August 31, 2022

Create a Demo with multiple links to the Anchor at the top of the page, then test it and let me try your Demo.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

I do not have an open instance to the public. If I get time later today I'll give this a try. I will see if other folks can chime in here too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events