Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchor jumps to top of page except in editing mode

Lisa Rademacher February 1, 2018

Hi,

I created page A containing a table with two columns (1, 2) and multiple rows. Column 1 contains terms; column 2 contains the corresponding definitions to those terms. I explain multiple terms = so multiple rows (for each term one row). I also created page B containing text using those terms. The plan was to link the terms on Page B to the definitions in the table on page A with anchors. 

However, when I click on the terms on Page B it brings me to the top of Page A and not to the specific anchors in the table. However, when I am in editing mode on Page B and click the anchor, it redirects me to the correct anchor on Page A.

I tried in Safari and Chrome...same result. 

Can anyone help please?

2 answers

1 vote
Dugald MacDonald March 6, 2018

I had the same issue, Confluence have a bug logged for this... https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-59098

Adithya Sri Kumar Saraswatula March 6, 2018

Can you please let me know once this bug is resolved as we have halted our work because of this issue. Even not only only editing but in general also it is going to top of the page rather going to the specific headings

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

You might as well WATCH the BUG to get updates yourself.

Sure thanks...:)

Dugald MacDonald March 6, 2018

I'd also suggest voting on the bug

The one vote is mine visible on the left...already done... :)

0 votes
Lisa Rademacher March 16, 2018

Thanks guys! I voted for and watch the bug. Hopefully it is resolved soon, the anchor macro could be of great use!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events