An idea - make the Confluence footer "submit a bug" the same user experience as JIRA footer "Report a problem"

I'm running JIRA 5.0 and Confluence 4.1.4

At the base of every JIRA page is this -

Bug tracking and project tracking for software development powered by Atlassian JIRA (v5.0#713-sha1:aec58e2) Report a problem

If I click "Report a problem" I am taken to support.atlassian.com to log a production problem on my install.

At the base of every Confluence page is this -

Powered by Atlassian Confluence 4.1.4, the Enterprise Wiki · Report a bug · Atlassian News

If I click on "Report a bug" I am taken to jira.atlassian.com to log a general bug/feedback against the entire product.

Now they both LOOK the same when filing the issue. So a few days ago I filed an issue as major and wondered why I'd no reply in very many hours!

I think it would be sensible for the "report a bug" on Confluence to be "Report a problem" and exhibit the same behaviour as the JIRA problem feedback. Any agree? Not sure where to post/send this so putting it in Atlassian Answers!

[UPDATE] - I'VE MOVED THIS OVER TO JIRA BUG TRACKING/FEATURE REQUESTS HERE - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25070

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

FYI: Your feature (enh.) requests should be placed on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF

Support is different from just reporting a bug / enh.

Hi Radu - thanks I'll go and raise it there

I didn't see "Atlassian Answers" just for support - it wasn't clear for me at all, hence placing it here. Hope that makes sense to you ... I'll add it over i the place you specified

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

466 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you