Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

An field-option in Multi-Select field to select multiple field-options in the same field

Hi,

I was wondering for the Multi-select field in Confiforms, would the following be possible and if so, how should i do it? 

Clicking a bolded option, say 'Red Fruits', and all applicable fruits being automatically added into the multi-select field 

What Fruits do you want? (Field type: Multi-Select) 

Apples 

Oranges

Pears

Peaches

Durians 

Mangosteen

Strawberries

Red Fruits 

Orange Fruits

Exotic Fruits

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi

Not sure why you need that... but here is how this can be done http://recordit.co/sqCBJyJmxD (using a simple multi-select field... consider smart multi-select field for big datasets / large number of options)

Hope it helps to understand the concept

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply. I had done it previous through referencing the IDs as a comma-separated list (RedFruits=['App','Stra']) and was looking for a more efficient way of doing it. I will look into the smart multi-select field.

Much appreciated, as always. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,626 views 7 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you