Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ampersand decodes in "&" in code block

Ivan Livadnyi May 14, 2018

When I try to post html-code in a code block in wiki:

<a href="https://experience.tripster.ru/?exp_partner=TESTPARTNER&utm_source=TESTPARTNER&utm_campaign=affiliates&utm_medium=link" target="_blank">sometext</a>

And I publish the code, i receive following:

Ampersand decoding.pngI've tried most of highlightning and style setting, but it's doesn't matter. Looks like it overrides highlightning and sets it as HTML/XML, because when I try another code block:

https://experience.tripster.ru/?exp_partner=TESTPARTNER&utm_source=TESTPARTNER&utm_campaign=affiliates&utm_medium=link

It looks fine in "Bash" or "Python" setting, but in HTML decoding it breaks all ampersands into "&amp;".

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
thais
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2018

Hi, Livadnyi Ivan,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Thank you for reporting this behaviour. We could replicate it on our test instance, and the following bug report was opened on this issue:

CONFCLOUD-59800: Code Block macro: wrong HTML shown

We suggest you add yourself as a watcher to the bug to receive the updates. A comment with this Community post was added there for visibility. You can also find more information on our bug fixing policy here.

Best regards,
Thais

Ivan Livadnyi May 14, 2018

Hi, Thais Krischer,

Thank you for fast response and understanding the issue. I've subscribed this bug. Will wait for results.

0 votes
Mike Masyk December 9, 2020

End of 2020. This is still not fixed, instead a phrase "ampersands are converted into HTML entities in code blocks" is added into docs.

This is not a bug, this is a feature! Confluence (l)users must suffer! Is that your point, Atlassian?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events