Amazon Cloud search for JIRA and Confluence

Gaven Ray June 22, 2016

Has anyone set up Amazon Cloud Search to search both JIRA and Confluence?

As anyone here that has used Confluence knows the search in Confluence is not the greatest and while there are plugins that seem to make it better (though not much). We have a request to find a good search tool that crosses JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce, Zendesk, and others. I am most concerned with JIRA and confluence being an Atlassian Administrator.

1 answer

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2016

I'll be curious to see what search tool suggestions come in. Enterprise search tools that I have been aware of in the past have been so costly that we have not been able to justify moving forward. Perhaps something new is on the horizon.

I am curious to know what is lacking in the Confluence search that you/your team see as lacking? We have a space with over 6000 pages of terms and can find any page with a few keystrokes. If we are looking for any of our 50,000+ pages and know pertinent words in the title, bam, it shows up in the dropdown as we are typing, same for names of attachments.

When looking for keywords and terms buried in a document or page granted it could be better, but to be honest we don't get complaints. I think that's because its search tool works better than the search tools do in the legacy (server-based) software we have had for years.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events