Am I able to see a list of every @ mention for myself to keep track of things that need my attention

Lauren Mazza May 12, 2022

Hi,

I have been getting tagged in Comments on certain tickets in JIRA recently so I can keep a running tab of requests for enhancements that can't be handled in tickets.

While I try to keep up with every notification, I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. Is there a way to search for every comment where I am tagged?

1 answer

0 votes
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2022

Hi @Lauren Mazza. Select your profile photo from the Confluence navigation, then select Tasks. You will be able to look at all tasks (@ mentions) and filter by those you have created versus those you have assigned and complete versus incomplete. 

Bernd March 27, 2023

@Lauren Mazza: unfortunately the only way I could imagine to solve it is investigate/evaluate the Jira-Task report macro in Confluence if a filter on mentions is possible (there used to be a CQL option wich could be used for it). Apart from this mentions imho are broken in Atlassian tools.

Hi @Elizabeth Barr ,

unfortunately a very common problem with Atlassian staff in the later years.

Some clarification:

1. Lauren asked for mentions in JIRA tasks and no on your Confluence tasks list You wont see any JIRA task (at least not on Confluence cloud...) So a task list is only available with the Jira task macro.

2. The request for mentions in (Confluence) comments is something discussed with Atlassian since at least 12 years now. No, @mentions (which is something different from a /TASK @SOMEONE) are not searchable anywhere currently. This is true for mentions in pages, mentions in comments and mentions in inline-comments alike. Currently the only(!) cexception is "mentions" in CONFLUENCE-TASKS. As such, feasibility of mentions is more of a burden, since users quite often use this incomplete "feature" and wonder why the mentioned user has no idea of having been mentioned. The only "report" is the event-log. If a user receives many events though, out of luck...

check this, maybe: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Search-pages-based-on-Mentions/qaq-p/116156 

And while this feature has been discussed for at least 12 years, there is a (younger) "suggestion" in your list on that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71883

Regards, Bernd.

Like Zack Howard likes this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2023

Ah, I see. The question was listed under Products > Confluence so I assumed it was in reference to Confluence.

Diego Zabala Betancur February 12, 2024

It haven't been fixed yet. There is not a reliable option to list all mentions in Confluence. Also the option "Select your profile photo from the Confluence navigation, then select Tasks" does not work properly, it does not list all of your mentions and it's out of date always.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events