Allowing users to self-register but require authorisation for access

Tobi Heskett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting Up Public Access

We would like to allow customer to self register for our Confluence customer wiki, however we do not want them to automatically be granted access. We'd like administrators to approve the request. From what I can tell in the documentation and user configuration we can either only set up people manually or have them automatically be granted access with self registration. Is there a workaround? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2017

Our Industry Association uses Confluence - we have a custom built User Management System that allows anyone to create a User profile (they need to use a secure 72-hour time limited link sent by those in authority from within the Association community so it is not a total open access).

That then allows them to request access to any of the Spaces with any of the available Permission levels.

That generates an email to the specific the Convener or Chairman of the specific group (we call them the Space Owner) to approve or deny the access request.

We have successfully rolled this out with now over 1500 global Users across some 170 Spaces with User profiles TOTALLY self-managed.

I'm not sure if/how our host would provision the same for other organisations as his servers host both the User Management System and the Confluence Knowledge Management System.  If you send me your email I can pass the question on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events