Allowing AD users to view content in Confluence without license

Vinzent Decker March 17, 2021

Hello,

we are using Confluence in connection with our AD. Only 10 Users are licensed. We created a page in which there are contents only a specific usergroup from our AD should be allowed to see. Is there a way to do this without purchasing more licenses? I know about the anonymous access but you can't control the permissions for those.

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Vinzent Decker ,

anonyous access is the only way to implement this feature. Keep in mind that all users, not only users in AD could see the content.

For the anonymous access you can set just VIEW permission. Please take a look to the following article https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/make-a-space-public-829076202.html

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

sadly this is not what I am searching for. Would it be possible to only allow users from a specific IP-range? Let's say only Computers from the IP-range 192.168.50.xxx have access to a specific page.

I hope to hear from you again.

Best regards

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Vinzent Decker ,

this is a requirement out from jira application and it can't be implemented.

If you have a reverse proxy in front of jira, you should setup a specific rule to do that.

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ ,

thank you very much, this could be an option for us.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards

Vinzent

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events