Allow Guests to Subscribe to Page Updates

Trent Franklin January 7, 2022

Hey all,

I've been looking for a way to allow guests to subscribe to a public page to receive notifications of updates.  Our use case is that there are hundreds of guests that visit the page for things like release notes, security notifications, etc.  We'd like to provide a way for them to easily sign up to receive notifications when a new update has been posted. 

I'm struggling to find a way to do so.  From what I can tell my options to either be a confluence user and subscribe/watch, or maybe to set up an RSS feed.  Is there anything that can be done to allow guest users to watch a page and get email notifications?  If the answer is to force them to sign up for an account, does it just need to be a regular confluence account and not tied to any specific company (ex: eat off our license count)? Lastly, just to note, I've yet to look in the marketplace to see if there's anything that could be of use.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

They need to be Confluence users logged in to your instance. This is going to be an issue with many Cloud solitions that are out there, unless you move/copy/publish this content to your website and enable user accounts there.

Your idea of an RSS feed might be a work around, but basically you would determine what goes into that feed, and subscribers would get notices for everything in that feed.

Here are details on setting that up:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/build-an-rss-feed/ 

You could created different types of feeds based on labels.

So that is your two options:

• Custom RSS feeds
  • Replicate your content on your website and set up user accounts there.
0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Trent Franklin 

In short

Public Page with No permissions you can create a RSS feed

Page with restrictions or space permissions - Need license count

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events