Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All pages became marked as "saved for later"; how can I mass remove?

Trevor Gettelman July 18, 2019

At some point (perhaps an update?) ~520 pages (26 pages, 20 per page) were "supposedly" marked as "save for later".  I say supposedly, because they show in the "saved for later" tab on my profile but not all are marked "save for later" on the page itself.

I was using the "favorites" macro to put quick links on my home page.  Now, there are pages listed there I've never visited (as well as ones I have). 

I'm ok with "saved for later" but it should've been done separately from "favorites".  There seems to be an overlap as "favorites" was cannibalized for "save for later".  I appreciate the advancements that Atlassian makes, but this one doesn't seem very well thought out. 

How about having both "favorites" for those pages that I access often (including the macro for ease of use) as well as a "save for later" (that also has a macro) for those pages that I need to go back to and address in some way?  They could behave exactly the same (maybe have the "save for later" automatically uncheck when I visit the page in the future - require me to check it again if I find I don't have time to finish on this visit either).

My questions are :

1) how can I easily remove all the "saved for later" tags (including those not marked and those I am not allowed to access) and

2) why do some show in the list even though they are not marked?

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2019

When you use the "save for later" feature, it effectively adds a special hidden label to the corresponding page. It is hidden in the sense that the label is not displayed in the web UI.

So, to mass remove pages from the list, you should mass-remove the label. You should be able to do this easily via the Confluence database. There's a table that is the link between labels and "labelable" entities, so you should run a DELETE against that table.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events