All links on a page are marked unresolved

ziffusion July 2, 2019

Confluence server version 6.15.2.

On some of our wiki pages, ALL the links have suddenly been marked "unresolved". These links used to work fine till recently. But now, the wiki won't even recognize them as editable link objects.

If I look at the html for the page, it looks like the following:

<a data-linked-resource-default-alias="filename.pdf" data-filename="filename.pdf" data-content-title="page name" class="confluence-link unresolved" href="#">text</a>

If create a new link on the page, it is coded in an entirely different way as follows:

<a data-base-url="https://host:port" data-linked-resource-id="62853482" data-linked-resource-type="attachment" data-linked-resource-content-type="application/pdf" href="https://server:port/download/attachments/62853543/filename.pdf?version=1&amp;modificationDate=1480706563029&amp;api=v2" data-linked-resource-default-alias="filename.pdf" data-linked-resource-container-id="62853543" class="confluence-link">text</a>

What is going on here? Is this because of version upgrade of Confluence?

Did they not follow some procedure to migrate the links?

How can we fix such pages?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sergey August 20, 2019

I will share my solution, it may be useful to someone.

In my case, the problem arose due to a change in the encoding of the database. As a result of this, lowercase columns were not actually lowercase. XML backup and restore did not help to resolve this.

The query below found all the lowercase columns in the database schema:

select table_schema, table_name, column_name from information_schema.columns where column_name ilike '%lower%';

Compared the source and lowercase data for all found columns:

select title,lowertitle from content where lowertitle!=lower(title);
select application_name,lower_application_name from cwd_application where lower_application_name!=lower(application_name);
select directory_name,lower_directory_name from cwd_directory where lower_directory_name!=lower(directory_name);
select impl_class,lower_impl_class from cwd_directory where lower_impl_class!=lower(impl_class);
select group_name,lower_group_name from cwd_group where lower_group_name!=lower(group_name);
select attribute_value,attribute_lower_value from cwd_group_attribute where attribute_lower_value!=lower(attribute_value);
select user_name,lower_user_name from cwd_user where lower_user_name!=lower(user_name);
select first_name,lower_first_name from cwd_user where lower_first_name!=lower(first_name);
select last_name,lower_last_name from cwd_user where lower_last_name!=lower(last_name);
select display_name,lower_display_name from cwd_user where lower_display_name!=lower(display_name);
select email_address,lower_email_address from cwd_user where lower_email_address!=lower(email_address);
select node_name,node_name_lower from diagnostics_alerts where node_name_lower!=lower(node_name);
select url,lowerurl from extrnlnks where lowerurl!=lower(url);
select destpagetitle,lowerdestpagetitle from links where lowerdestpagetitle!=lower(destpagetitle);
select destspacekey,lowerdestspacekey from links where lowerdestspacekey!=lower(destspacekey);
select spacekey,lowerspacekey from spaces where lowerspacekey!=lower(spacekey);
select url,lowerurl from trackbacklinks where lowerurl!=lower(url);
select username,lower_username from user_mapping where lower_username!=lower(username);

Updated the data in the corresponding columns:

update content set lowertitle=lower(lowertitle);
update links set lowerdestpagetitle=lower(lowerdestpagetitle);

After that, all links regained their functionality.

0 votes
Sergey August 2, 2019

Hello.

Did you find a solution?

I have almost the same issue with Confluence server 6.15.7.

ziffusion August 2, 2019

Not yet. I've a ticket open with Atlassian. Still sitting in first tier support.

Sergey August 5, 2019

Thank you! I'll try to open another ticket, maybe it will speed up the process.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2019

Sergey and Sanjay,

For clarity, the ticket has been with our Server Support team since the 4th of July, and we have been working hard on a resolution.

@Sergey - you are welcome to raise another ticket in order to provide details and logs from your instance. If you do so, please be sure to include that that Renata is working on a similar issue. By doing this, you will save the efforts of the assigned engineer so they don't duplicate any work that Renata has already done in investigating this case.

Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2019

Hi there, Sanjay.

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

I see that you have created a support ticket for this case now, and my colleague Renata has been assisting you.

Please feel free to update us on this thread once the issue is resolved since this can help other users in the future.

Take care,

Shannon

ziffusion July 15, 2019

Yes, I am working with Renata on this. We still have to try out the solution suggested by her. I'll definitely post the resolution here.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 15, 2019

Thank you, Sanjay! I apologize for the double post; there was an issue with the site cache.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 10, 2019

Hello Sanjay,

Thank you for letting us know about this. I noticed that you have also created a support ticket and my colleague Renata is assisting you with this.

Once the issue is resolved with her, please provide the fix or link to bug here. It'll help any users in the future who run into the same issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events