cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algorithm for Confluence People Search?

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Can anyone explain Confluence (5.1) people search to me?

In an empty system I set up two users:

username: horming
fullname: Horming
emails: hor@testing.de

username: horst
fullname: Horst
emails: host@testing.de

If I use the search the following results appear:

search -> users

ho -> none
hor -> horming
horm -> horming
hormi -> none
hormin -> none
horming -> horming

hors -> horming (wtf?)
horst -> horst

(note that I didn't find any case in which both usernames appear)

I am a bit confused about those results.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
fsim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Hey there,

Tried to reproduce this issue to no avail. Setup both users exactly the same as yours. I'm thinking that your indexes might be corrupted, so it would be good if you can rebuild them from scratch: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Rebuild+the+Content+Indices+from+Scratch

Also, run this query in the Confluence Database just to make sure that the USERINFO content is linked to the user correctly:

SELECT c.USERNAME, u.user_name, u.lower_user_name FROM content c JOIN cwd_user u ON LOWER(c.USERNAME) = u.lower_user_name WHERE c.CONTENTTYPE = 'USERINFO' AND c.USERNAME = 'horming' AND c.PREVVER IS NULL;

SELECT c.USERNAME, u.user_name, u.lower_user_name FROM content c JOIN cwd_user u ON LOWER(c.USERNAME) = u.lower_user_name WHERE c.CONTENTTYPE = 'USERINFO' AND c.USERNAME = 'horst' AND c.PREVVER IS NULL;

Make sure that the 2 usernames returned in the first 2 columns have the same case sensitivity. If no rows are returned, then we have a whole different problem here.

If rebuilding the indexes does not help, then please feel free to raise this as a support ticket in https://support.atlassian.com

Foogie

Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Hello Foogie,

thank you for your reply. I tested it in 3 Confluence systems. The last one was all new and fresh and I just added the 2 users.
The usernames were both in lowercase there.

However your query brought some other interesting info in our test/prod system up, that I have to take care off before I take care of this topic. It looks like some users have two usernames (case sensitive and lowercase) in the CONTENT table, which seems to lead to double entries of those users. I'll try to fix that first, even though the question in this topic is reproducable in a system without double entries.

Could you please tell me what your result on the search for "hor", "hors" was?

regards

Benjamin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events