Alert/report to display Confluence pages over a year old

Neal Verdick May 4, 2023

Is there a tool (Confluence Macro?) that will show a report or alert for all pages that haven't been updated in over a year? I'd like to use this to trigger an internal review for the page owner to try to eliminate stale and dead pages.

3 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

The Better Content Archiving app is a comprehensive solution developed for 15 years for every sort of content lifecycle management problems. It fully supports your case, as one of the most typical ones!

You can set up your own definition of the "Expired" status. In fact, the default "Expired" is set for a page if it has not been updated for 365 days! (in the shot below, the threshold is 100 days)

configure-content-status-scheme-cloud.png

Then the app will automatically email the last modifier, author, content owner and ask him to update it, confirm that it is still relevant or archive it.

Make sure you give it a try (FREE!) as it can automate the complete workflow and it is extremely customizable.

0 votes
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Neal Verdick

your use case is a perfect fit for our content lifecycle management solutions Breeze, available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

It automatically identifies outdated pages and provides reviewing and archiving workflows, reports, analytics, ownership of pages, and much more to keep your Confluence clean and organized.

3.gif

👉 Feel free to give it a try or schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers, Adrian from B1NARY (we are the developers of Breeze)

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Neal Verdick ! Welcome to the community!  I found an older post that may help you.  It appears there is/was a Server addon.  Here's the link:

How-to-find-out-the-age-of-all-content 

Maybe that will help you out.  Otherwise I'm wondering if there might be something with Confluence Cloud Automation, but that's only available for Premire/Enterprise sites, and we're not one of them so I can't check.  

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events