Aged deprecations in Confluence API

Manuel Kummerländer April 13, 2018

Hi everybody,

we use Confluence's UserProfileService quiet a while and discovered by pure chance that this component is deprecated:

@@deprecatedsince 5.7. CONFDEV-28074 User profile related services will be extracted to a plugin.

Since we do not find any alternative or new implementations we will simply continue using this service (we are now compatible with 5.10 - 6.8). Is this a good decision? Does anybody know about such deprecations and how Atlassian usually handles them? What could we do to get more informations on that ... ?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Manuel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

The way I read Provide an user profile service on the user avatar plugin it sounds like the plan is to leave the service in Confluence Core until they can expose the service as part of a plugin.

To interact with more developers with the same sorts of concerns and possibly answers, please try the Atlassian Developer Community

Manuel Kummerländer April 15, 2018

Thanks Ann, I have no access to CONFDEV-Tickets so unfortunately I could not read by myself or watch it. Is it possible to get access there?

And thanks as well for the reference to the developer community. I knew there is something like that, I just didn't find :). Nevermind, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events