After upgrade a Confluence page in edit mode is not the right one

Iro Karavasili March 1, 2019

Hello all,

A few days ago we upgrade our Confluence instance from v. 6.3.3 to 6.14.0.
A user figure out that when he sees a specific page in edit mode it's not the same with the one he sees in the update mode. 
The "unpublished changes" icon is not displayed and he says that the page he sees in edit mode is an old version and not a new one.

Any ideas why this is happening?

2 answers

1 vote
Venugopala Naidu March 1, 2019

Hi @Iro Karavasili ,

If you disable CE(collaborative editing), and edit the same page.

And read this document briefly and let me know.

https://communiy.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/After-upgrade-a-Confluence-page-in-edit-mode-is-not-the-right/qaq-p/1022042

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2019

Hi @Venugopala Naidu 

I think you wanted to link the collaborative editing documentation and not the post here :) 

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2019

Hi Argyro,

Confluence will save drafts of pages that are edited, even if they weren't published. If you have Collaborative Editing enabled, you will also see edits made by others. Since the content in the editor looks different from the published page, and because you see the "Unpublished Changes" flag on the page, it appears you are viewing an edited draft when you go to edit the page.

You should be able to undo these changes by opening the editor and going to ... Revert to last published version. (The wording/menu may be slightly different, depending on your version).

See also: How Do Drafts Work on Confluence?

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events