After updating to 5.2 missing all user macros

Systeem Beheer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 8, 2013

After updating to confluence 5.2 we are missing all user macros.

We are using macros like listing all attachments in a nice list.. This was part of the default user macro list.

6 answers

0 votes
HP September 16, 2014

From my testing, the solution only work in my Test environment, but the same solution cant work in Dev environment.

Different between the 2 tier is Dev is not in cluster, and Test is in cluster.( I disable both Adaptavist Footnote, and  Rate Plugin, deleted plugin temp, cache folder in Dev, but no luck)

Anyone have the same issue like me? Thanks

HooiPeng

0 votes
HP September 16, 2014

OH, I found this, and tried it, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Confluence+Macros+Disappears+After+Confluence+5.2.x+Upgrade

I disable Adaptavist Rate Plugin, and yea, I able to see the list of macro in the macro browser. Thanks!

0 votes
HP September 16, 2014

Hi, I faced the same issue, I did the upgrade from 5.1 to 5.4.4, and after the upgrade, I can see only 4 macro in the Macro Browser under All session, may I know how to fix this?

Thanks

Hooi Peng

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2013

Hi

I think the only think you can do is recreate those user macros.

It looks like you did everything right, although the foreign key issue can be really tricky.

This page has several examples : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/Shared+User+Macros

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Systeem Beheer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2013

Hi Peter

We upgraded from version 3.5.X We first upgraded it to the latest of version 3 after which we upgraded to the last version 4 and then to 5.2.

Yes we got some errors during the upgrade. Some errors where foreign key problems which are fixed manually. also we had an enormopus amount of pages in wiki style which has been deprecated in v4 and removed in v5. The convertor didn't convert all the pages.
I can't think of any other error but it has been a while ago since the upgrade.

We are running confluence on Debian 6 with an apache2 proxy on the same server and a mysql database offloaded to another server.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2013

Hi

From which version of Confluence did you upgrade?

Was there any warning during the upgrade process?

Which OS are you running Confluence on?

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events