After updating Team Calendar 5.5.4, 401 error coming out

JWCho April 2, 2018

Confluence server version: 6.4.0

Team Calendars version: 5.5.4

I'm suddenly getting credential requirement when I tried to add calendar into my outlook. It did not ask me Confluence login information before.

Disable Private URLs option is off and I don't know why this is happening.

Is this a bug?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2018

Hello,

I do not think it is a bug because the documentation mentions it:

Subscribe to Team Calendars from Microsoft Outlook:

Depending on your authentication setup in Confluence, you may be prompted to enter your Confluence username and password.

Is it prompting you every time you view the calendar or just once when you add the Team Calendar to Outlook?

Thanks,

Ann

JWCho April 2, 2018

Yes it is prompting everytime.

Also, it's not prompting credential in Mac Outlook and gives blank calendar.

I tried on version 5.5.0 and never asked for username and password but in version 5.5.4, it is asking for it.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2018

I scrambled around for 10 minutes trying to add the calendar to Outlook on my Mac when I saw this toward the bottom of Subscribe to Team Calendars from Microsoft Outlook:

Subscribe to a Team Calendar from Microsoft Outlook (Mac)
Outlook for Mac 2011/2016 Clients do not have the ability to subscribe to an internet calendar.

If you have access to Outlook Web Access (OWA), you can open an Internet Calendar, and have it appear in your Outlook client.

JWCho April 4, 2018

I think this can be major problem, so I raised a ticket to Atlassian support.

Even though you added internet calendar through Outlook Web Access,

it won't show anything because of the authentication.

It wasn't like this when I was using 5.5, but on 5.5.4, subscribe link got changed and checking authentication.

I didn't change any security settings for Team calendar, and strongly believe it's a bug.

Thanks for trying it out though.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2018

My pleasure, I will watch your support request so we can keep the Community in the loop.

Helen Setchell September 7, 2018

Is there a URL for that ticket so we can watch it (if it's public)?

I'm having the same issue - I can subscribe to a Confluence calendar subscription URL from OWA and I don't get any error message or prompts for login in OWA; I just don't see any of the Confluence events.

Weirdly though, turning the 'empty' calendar on and off in OWA affects my OWA calendar: all day events in my own OWA calendar which showed with a stripe all down the day (in work week view) lose the stripe, as if something else is also showing on that day from the other 'empty' calendar.

JWCho September 7, 2018

If you update Team Calendars add-on to version 6.0 or higher,

it will solve the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events