After sorting child pages alphabetically, how do I save?

Cameron Williams September 28, 2018

I followed the page that explains how to change the order of child pages in confluence. But that page doesn't explain how to save the new order. There is no "Save" button shown.

2 answers

1 vote
Cameron Williams October 5, 2018

@Stefan Kohler thank you. It turns out one of the pages I did not have "Edit" rights to... so once I was added, this worked for me. 

1 vote
Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2018

Hi @Cameron Williams,

The changes in the page order are saved directly. There is no need for an additional save button. On the other side, be aware that changes do affect Confluence directly :)

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Cameron Williams September 28, 2018

Hi @Stefan Kohler

Thank you for your response. However, the pages are not sorting alphabetically. Once I leave the "Reorder Pages" tab in the space settings, it reverts back to the original order they were in, and the side bar doesn't change at all. Is there something else I am missing?

Like Oz Edri likes this
Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2018

Hi @Cameron Williams,

That is unfortunate as it should work as you describe. I assume you have the right permissions:

• 'Add' permission on the page you're moving, and
  • 'View' permission on the page's parent page. If you're moving the page to a different parent, you need 'View' permission on the new parent. 

It could be something else is wrong, maybe a system administrator at your end could have a look at logs. Also, if possible it is worth trying a different browser, just to rule that out.

Cheers,
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events