Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After restart confluence service, the old logs are deleted

Carol Li January 21, 2020

Hi,

I noticed all my old logs are disappeared after restarting the confluence service, do you know how to prevent it from happening?  I need those logs for debugging, could you please help, thanks! 

version: Confluence 6.13.4

OS version: CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hello Carol,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us!

Your logs shouldn't be completely deleted after a restart. Could you let me know the location where you noticed this is happening for your site? 

I'd also like to know how you are running Confluence. Could you let me know what type of server you're running Confluence on, and if it's being run as a service?

According to Working with Confluence logs:

• When you start Confluence, log entries will be sent to the application server logs until Confluence has completed its initial bootstrap. Any log entries written to the console will be repeated into the log in the Confluence home directory as described below.
  • Once the initial startup sequence is complete, all logging will be to <confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log. For example: c:/confluence/data/logs/atlassian-confluence.log.

Note that the default location is the Confluence home directory, not the application server's log file. The home directory is specified in <confluence-installation>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties.

Are the logs in your Confluence home directory the ones being deleted, or were you checking the application server log file?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events