After performing a restart of our Confluence server, I got the following message:
Database: The database collation 'utf8mb3_bin' is not supported by Confluence. You need to use 'utf8_bin, utf8mb4_bin'.
I was not performing any updates or upgrades.
Confluence Build Number: 8402 (7.4)
MySQL version: 8.0.30
We've found that simply declaring utf8 and utf8-bin will not suffice. You now have to explicitly use "utf8mb4" and "utf8mb4_bin."
UTF8 and UTF8-bin is an alias to "utf8mb3" and "utf8mb3-bin" it alone will not suffice.
We don't know why the installation was successful using utf8, utf8-bin but now that Atlassian recommends this, you need to alter your DB, tables and columns to use these formats.
This is outlined here:
Calling all collaborators! Appy Hours on the Atlassian Community is a monthly event where 4 Partner and app vendor presenters go head-to-head with 5-minute demos for the title of Best App Demo. I...