It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

After pasting an image, get "broken image"

Hi Everyone

I looked through the threads about this issue and mostly have seen people reporting it for years and years.  Not too much by way of solutions.

After pasting an image, get "broken image".  I am pasting directly from the MIcrosoft "Snipping Tool".

Here is an example: " [com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.XhtmlException: Missing required attribute: {http://atlassian.com/resource/identifier}value]"

Using FireFox 62.03 and Internet Explorer 11.285.17134.0 on Windows 10 Build 17134.285.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

4 answers

I have the same issue, MacOS, Chrome. Copy image from Chrome Jupyter notebook onto clipboard.  Paste into Slack works fine, proving it's not "user error".  Paste into Confluence appears to work while editing, but then shows up as "broken image" when viewing the page.  It would be great if Confluence fixed this bug.  Thanks!

Hi Rich Stern,

In the past, we have seen if you fill the clear space with white, for example, then the image copies and pastes successfully into Confluence, therefore it may be a snipping tool / User error, it has nothing to do with confluence.
The best will be to attach the images into the Confluence Page rather than copying the page. When you copy, sometimes it may not render properly

And also please follow this article as well and let us know.

Thanks

Yoga

Not sure why this is an "Accepted Answer" - I do not accept it :)

1) 

My point of view: why not fix the bug in Atlassian which breaks images that do not have white space, so these products can be as good as ones from other vendors, and not ask users to perform a duct tape and bubblegum style work around? 

2)

Saving and uploading images and / or editing them is time consuming and painful

3)

I don’t even really understand what space needs to be filled or how to do it. The images are already cropped to just a screenshot.  I don’t believe there was any clear space?

THANKS!

Like Jason_Haines likes this

I've noticed the same issue. Someone on our team just created an article by pasting in images but there was no transparency in them... It seems to work or not work without any discernible pattern. 

Same issue, i tried to update to 6.15.9 but the same issue!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

278 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you