Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

After creating a confluence service on a Window 2019. The service will not start

Windows could not start the Atlassian Confluence Confluence service on Local Computer  Error 5:  Access is denied

But if I use the Confluence Startup  startup_bundled_jre it work fine.

Just trying to have it automatically start

1 answer

Can you double-check if the Windows service account that executes the .bat file has the appropriate file permissions for the Confluence install directory?

I tried changing the Log On account.  It was defaulted to Network Services.   I changed it to the account that could start startup_bundled_jre and it still does not work.   The service is "running", but I am unsuccessful access the site with a browser

Do you see anything in the logs?

Pardon my question.  I am a newbie,  I have inherited a working build, but startup was not a service, it is a manual start.    Just trying to figure out how to get the service automatically started after a restart.

Which log should I focus on for service startup in the log folder?

additional info in case it helps,   We are using self signed certs and redirect to 8443

Hold everything,  I will update in a little bit.   I think it just came up as expected

It's working.... not sure what I did because I was trying everything you suggested, plus everything I was reading...     Thank you for your idea's   They were all valid points to check.

You're welcome.  Happy to help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,374 views 7 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you