Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After copying full application-data from old windows installation to linux installation, failed

jilong sun January 16, 2018

After copying full application-data from old windows installation to linux installation's application-data, failed to open confluence web site.

Before copying, I have finished the database setup for linux installation. The error is as below:

error1.png

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2018

One of the common causes of Confluence does not start due to Spring Application context has not been set is unexpected formatting in the confluence.cfg.xml file. According to Migrating Confluence Between Servers, since you moved from Windows to Linux:

"... you'll need to replace the backslashes with forward slashes in the following lines in confluence.cfg.xml:"

<property name="attachments.dir">${confluenceHome}/attachments</property>

<property name="lucene.index.dir">${localHome}/index</property>
<property name="webwork.multipart.saveDir">${localHome}/temp</property>

I look forward to hearing whether Confluence starts after the confluence.cfg.xml is edited.

You mentioned that you completed the setup step for the Linux database. In order for the application data directory ("Confluence Home") to work with the database, the database will need to have been restored from a backup of the old database. The Confluence setup wizard sets up the schema but does not restore the data from your old Windows database.

One strategy would be to use the XML backup and restore to change the OS. You would just install Confluence out of the box on Linux with no data, then import an XML site backup from the Windows instance. If you don't have much data it can be an easy way to go. You will not need to copy over the home directory if you include attachments in the backup.

Please keep me posted on your progress, I will be happy to help out.

Thanks,

Ann

jilong sun January 16, 2018

Thanks for your reply. The windows installation has been shutdown and removed, I only kept its application data directory. So I can't use the xml import solution.

I confirmed that the confluence.cfg.xml is correct. So I started the linux installation again, and I want to set up the clean linux installation firstly and then check how to import old data. But this time, after mysql database is set up successfully, I am directed to a blank page, seems not successful. I have attached the screen as below, any thought?

Untitled11.png

It seems that the database setup information(connection string, username, pass) are not saved into the confluence.cfg.xml successfully. as below:

confluence.cfg.xml.png

jilong sun January 17, 2018

Hello, @AnnWorley, any thought about the issue above?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events