After adding user directory have lost the internal directories

Gary Lipscomb January 28, 2020

Confluence v6.15.10

Original user directory structure

1. Delegated LDAP Authentication - Microsoft Active Directory
  2. Confluence Internal directory

New user directory structure

1. Active Directory Server - Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only, with Local Groups)
  2. Delegated LDAP Authentication - Microsoft Active Directory
  3. Confluence Internal directory

All user directories are active

• Reason for change.
    • use MS groups for SPACE permisions, previously manually adding users to internal groups
    • sync selected groups with MS AD
    • restrict number of MS AD users who will have access (license limits)
  • Tried this process using Delegated LDAP Auth
    • AD groups not added until a user logged in. Therefore could not manage space access efficiently.

After synching with MS AD using (3) all internal groups are not visible

• Original group structure

29-01-2020 14-21-20.png

• New group Structure

29-01-2020 14-26-14.png

If I try to recreate the internal group

29-01-2020 13-37-52.png

Is there a way to reactivate these groups since all the space permissions is currently based on these groups.

regards

Gary

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Hello Gary,

This might be a bit tricky for us to troubleshoot this kind of issue over Community, but I will do my best to help, and raise a ticket if we need to look deeper into your site and log files.

Could you tell us if the delegated directory is still active or not? It may be that it is not, and if so, the local groups associated with that directory are no longer present in Confluence. This is because groups are always related to a specific directory. 

If you want to be able to use the new AD server directory, you'll need to either manually populate the groups associated with that directory with users, or you can do something similar to this:

If you choose to use that method, please make sure to try it first in a staging instance first to ensure that it works correctly.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any trouble.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events