Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Database refresh from Prod to test getting below error for create space action

Ankush Kumar April 18, 2022

org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: could not execute statement; uncategorized SQLException; SQL state [S0001]; error code [40515]; Reference to database and/or server name in 'Confluence.dbo.CONTENT' is not supported in this version of SQL Server.; nested exception is com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Reference to database and/or server name in 'Confluence.dbo.CONTENT' is not supported in this version of SQL Server.
    at org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:89)

caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Reference to database and/or server name in 'Confluence.dbo.CONTENT' is not supported in this version of SQL Server.
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:265)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2022

This looks like your test server is using an unsupported (too old) version of MS-SQL server.   What version of Confluence and MS-SQL are you using here?

Ankush Kumar April 18, 2022

Confluence version :7.13.2

MSSQL: 12.0.41

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2022

Yep, thought so, you'll need to move to using a more recent version of the database (I think 12 is nearly a decade out of date)

Bryan Guffey April 30, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- -  I got this same error, but I'm running Azure SQL in both instances, and it only shows up in my non-prod instances. I think ti might have something to do with the DB Refresh. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2022

Which Azure database are you running?

Jira only works with Postgres, Oracle, MySQL and MS-SQL, but Azure can support all of them, so I'm questioning which one you mean by "Azure SQL"

Ankush Kumar May 1, 2022

@Bryan Guffey please keep same DB name as in Prod, This will resolve the issue.

Matthew Stinchcomb June 7, 2022

@Bryan Guffey

Did you ever find an answer, I am having same issue?

Ankush Kumar June 7, 2022

@Matthew Stinchcomb please keep the same name as the destination database to resolve this issue.

Matthew Stinchcomb June 7, 2022

Unfortunately, that is not an option for me. The database table for prod and test live in the same error so I can't rename it the same. What's odd was I was able to do this before with no issue. This issue just now started.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events