After Changing the context path in JIRA I cannot login in Confluence

Jörg Müller November 23, 2017

Hi,

after changing the context path in JIRA (see: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-the-jira-application-context-path-225119408.html) due to some issues with Cookie Management (users had to re-Login each time opening an issue in JIRA) I am not able to Login to our confluence Installation on the same Server.

I want to change the context path in Confluence too and edited already the server.xml and the confluence.cfg.xml as in https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-change-the-confluence-context-path-707985922.html

Now I am able to open the Login prompt in confuence, but no user with Password is working. We use the user Management from JIRA for Confluence, and I think this is the Problem... the Applictaion link in JIRA is already updated and working, but the same is to be done for Confluence...

Any ideas?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

This sounds like you have set your Confluence to use Jira for its user management.  When you do that, you need to give Confluence the base url of the Jira, which will include the context path.

Try editing the user directory.

0 votes
Jörg Müller November 23, 2017

Hi again,

I changed the context-oath from JIRA to the Default (without /jira) and I was able to Login to Confluence again... I will try just to Change the context path of Confluence to avoid the user Management issue... so far in the first test the Cookie-issue seem to be solved...

Maybe in this Environment it is enough to Change one context-path and this should NOT be the application Hosting the user Management...

Thx.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events