Administrator does not see personal spaces

Hi,

I have the main admin account for my client's Confluence, but for various reasons I just set up a non-admin account for myself. When I logged in as this new user, I saw for the first time that a couple of the users had set up personal spaces. When I visit 'Space Directory' when logged in as the Administrator, I could not see any Personal Spaces at all; yet logged in as my non-admin user I could see two personal spaces.

On my Admin login I created a Personal space, and this IS visible to the Administrator as a personal space... but why can't it see the other personal spaces? I am 99% sure that there would not have been any attempt to hide it from me; especially as one of the spaces was for my non-admin user.

As this was my first step in experimentation to discover the 'right' security settings for transitioning documents between different owners and different publicity settings, it was very disappointing to find out that even as admin I may have a complete picture of what is on our Cloud Confluence.

Any ideas?

Nij

Update:

I've also noticed that there is even a Site Space that I do not see in the Administrative login. It was a space created by someone else.

It's almost as if the Administrator is only seeing a filtered view of Spaces where 'he' is the Administrator in the Space Details - but obviously I can confirm I do not have anything in the 'Filter' textbox at the top-right.

2 answers

1 accepted

I realised that as I had created most pages and spaces in the system the admin user was the 'Individual User' named on most spaces except the invisible ones.

Somewhere along the lines, it seems like my admin user 'lost' it's 'confuence-users' group membership*. Anyway, now I have added the Admin user back to the users role that login can now see these spaces that were hidden before.

* I realise its more than likely I removed it at some time misunderstanding its importance, assuming that 'administrator' status trumped all over privileges which is obviously NOT the case.

Thanks, I discovered this today and your answer sorted it out. Cheers

Hi Nigel,

I believe its a Space Permission Issue.Can you check the View Space Permissions to be set right ?

Regards

Chander Inguva

Thanks for your suggestion. Although ultimately it lead to my finding the solution, I have not marked your suggestion as the answer because in this case the real problem was the loss of a permission on the viewing user; it was not the spaces that had actively excluded the Admin user.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

255 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you