Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator can see restricted pages in browser but not in API

Anton December 5, 2021

I have a page P created by user A where he granted view+edit permissions to user B.

Now I have created user C and assigned him to the exact same groups as user B - one of these groups is "administrators".

The tricky part and where my question comes from:

When using user B:

• I am able to see the restricted page in Confluence (via the browser)
  • I am able to see the restricted page via the REST API - when searching for all pages where "creator=A"

When using user C:

• I am able to see the restricted page in Confluence (via the browser) ----> Why???
  • I am not able to see the restricted page via the REST API - when searching for all pages where "creator=A"

Can someone please explain why browser and REST API are behaving differently?

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021
Anton December 7, 2021

Hi, thanks for the hint. I missed this one while browsing through the open issues.

However I cannot really consider this to be helping me further on because the workaround mentions that I can access the restricted child page directly via the API. That is fine but how can I retrieve the ID of the child page in the first place when I do not know it.
I just have the user provided. Any suggestion on this?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events