Adding web-item link to page tree

Alex Smith February 17, 2021

Hi, I'm looking to see if it's possible to create a web-item link using ScriptRunner for Confluence where it is a link displayed in a page tree. I'm looking at the documentation below, but I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I'm creating this in Script Fragments, selecting "list-content-tree" as the section it should go in, basing the condition on the space label, and navigating to the desired Confluence page.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.3/confluence/fragments/WebItem.html 

For context, this is a request from my boss that we be able to have certain pages from his two teams be available in each team's space page trees. While my first instinct is to use the Except macro (and we might do that in the end), he wants to avoid having pages with duplicate/similar names in two spaces.

If anyone has done anyone similar or can tell me that it's not possible to add a web-item in the page tree (not as a space shortcut), I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Alex Smith 

I would not say he is an idiot, but he should overthink this plan again :) 

What exactly does he want to achieve? Perhaps there is a better solution.

Would this be an option? 

With this you could create a page with 2 columns. In each column paste the page tree macro. One from space A and one from Space B.

Regards, Dominic

Alex Smith February 18, 2021

It's specifically to display information in two spaces (i.e. meet the team, FAQs, etc) that are the same for my manager's two teams. He wants it in the page tree itself, not a tree on one of the pages.

I'm almost certainly just going to say that the excerpt macro is his friend. Also the use case is so specific and for a limited number of pages it's not a very high priority.

Thanks!

1 vote
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Bad Practice. Your Boss is an idiot.

Alex Smith February 18, 2021

I'm considering it as a strange thought exercise.

Like Stefan Höltker likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events