Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding trusted domain to Atlassian Companion fails

Erik M September 17, 2020

Hi, 

I am trying to edit files on Confluence with Atlassian Companion. This worked fine, however this morning when i hit the Edit button i got the 'download the atlassian companion app....' message instead of the 'Edit with...'.

Atlassian Companion is running in the task bar. In my anger i clicked on it and cleared the trusted domain, only to discover there was no way to enter a new one :-(

The only way according to forum was to set an environment variable like:

COMPANION_TRUSTED_DOMAINS=“https://confluence.atlassian.com;https://support.atlassian.com;"

With my own values of course. But that doesn't work.

I quit the Atlassian Companion app, deleted it and after reboot reinstalled it from the confluence site we use, but no luck. And no trusted domain either, at least, no way to clear the trusted domain. 

The very very first time when i installed Atlassian Companion, when i first used it, i got a question pop-up if i wanted to trust the confluence site. Now there isn't even any question.

Does anyone have a clue what to do next? It's just like something has to be cleared somewhere. 

Thx

Erik

Used:

MacOS Catalina

Safari or Firefox latest versions

Atlassian Companion 1.2.2

Confluence 6.15.10

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2020

Hi @Erik M ,

Once you clear the trusted domains, the next time you try to edit from Confluence, Companion should prompt you again to trust the domain. The only cases where this would fail are if the domain has been blocked/untrusted (you can clear untrusted domains from the menu too) or if Confluence cannot connect to Companion. 

There are issues with Companion in versions of Confluence before 7.3. It will not be able to connect on some browsers if your Confluence site has SSL. You may be hitting this issue, although it is odd since it used to work - could you try Chrome? Once your administrator upgrades to Confluence 7.3+ the experience will be much better.

Do you see any errors in the Companion logfile? Which can be seen by clicking the Companion icon -> View logs.

Also as a side note, if you are doing a clean reinstall of Companion, which isn't necessary here, you should remove the Application Support directory from Home/Library/Application Support/Atlassian Companion (delete this entire directory)

Regards,
Alex

Erik M September 22, 2020

Thanks @Alex K for your reply. 

At first I didn't get the prompt that you mention. Also tried deleting the Application Support dir, but with no luck. And i'm not seeing any errors in the logs. That's on my macbook running Catalina.

Then i tried on a domain joined windows 10 machine, tried Edge and IE but no success. Downloaded chrome and it works! 

Back to the MacBook, installed Chrome, got the Trust question popup and after that all is working fine. Now also in Firefox and Safari :-)

Chrome did the trick,

Thanks!

Erik

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events