Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding pictures to global template

amiram.fuerst February 24, 2020

I am creating a global template.

I am trying to add some pictures to the template, but it does not work.

How can i do it?

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2020

@amiram.fuerst , Attachments are not supported in Templates. You should attach your files to a Page, and add them as an image via the Insert menu.

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 10.43.57 PM.png

Hope it helps.

amiram.fuerst February 25, 2020

Do i use "search other pages"? 

Do i have to fill the name of the attachment or the name of a page? i tried to search for a specific attachment, and failed.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

Yes. Insert > Files > Search on other pages to embed the file or image. You should be able to find your files either typing the page or file name.

Which version are you in? Have you checked the permissions and whether the files are actually attached to the pages?

amiram.fuerst March 1, 2020

Confluence Version 7.0

I am trying to do so, but it does not find the png file name i type in Search

*this is an attachment to another page , in a different space, where i have full permissions (i have created this page) 

picture 1.png

This is what i get

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2020

@amiram.fuerst , I assume that you hit search after typing the file name and double-checked the space permissions vs page restrictions. Therefore, in this case, I would go ahead and put in a ticket with Atlassian support so that they will be able to check your logs in more detail.

Also, I'm happy to hear from others at the community what they've experienced around this since it doesn't look like there is a known bug for this feature for server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events