Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding labels in Create From Template macro

Evan Giordanella January 19, 2022

I have one template for an engineering playbook. I am looking to have this template used for many services, each with their own section of a confluence space. In order to use the content report table with labels, I looking for a way to dynamically add a new label to this template that way each content report table is focused to the service. For example, here is a page tree 

- Service Name 1 
  --Playbooks (content report here)
    -- playbook 1
    -- playbook 2
- Service Name 2
  --Playbooks (content report 2 here)
     -- playbook 1
     -- playbook 2

on each Playbook page there will be a "create from template". 

1 answer

0 votes
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Evan Giordanella ,

Unfortunately, I do not know a way to have a dynamically generated label be part of a template. 

However, given your particular page structure, I believe you can achieve a similar result using the app Magic Labels. Amongst other features, it allows newly created pages to automatically inherit their parent's labels. 

Using the app, you could keep your structure and template, but would add the desired label (say, #playbook_service_n) to the pages with the 'Create from Template' button.

- Service Name 1 
  --Playbooks (#playbook_service_1)
    -- playbook 1 (inherits #playbook_service_1)
    -- playbook 2 (inherits #playbook_service_1)
- Service Name 2
  --Playbooks (#playbook_service_2)
     -- playbook 1 (inherits #playbook_service_2)
     -- playbook 2 (inherits #playbook_service_2)

Any newly created playbook page below, would then inherit the required labels.

I hope that helps, let me know if you try this or have any further questions.

Best regards,
 Oliver 

Full disclosure: I work for Polymetis Apps, the Marketplace Partner behind Magic Labels. Let me know if you need any help getting started or have any questions or feedback.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events