Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding in the Confluence Gadget to our JIRA Dashboard.

For Atlassian Cloud instance, can you assist with adding in the Confluence Page Gadget to Jira dashboard

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Kendris Community Leader Apr 01, 2021

Hello @Manisha Adulla - I think I may have a solution for you!

Because Jira and Confluence are seamlessly integrated, have you considered leveraging the macros in Confluence to pull in Jira information rather than pulling Confluence information into Jira?

It's possible to use the same types of gadgets from the Jira Dashboard in Confluence:

• Created Vs Resolved
  • Pie Charts
  • Filters
  • Issue Statistics
  • Two-Dimensional Diagrams

Plus with all the Confluence-specific macros (page properties report, recently updated, etc.), you can build out a very sophisticated landing page (perhaps on your Space's Overview page) that is a one-stop shop for all project work!

Thanks Andrew,

Do you have examples that you can point to? on how to leverage the macros in Confluence to pull in Jira information rather than pulling Confluence information into Jira.

Andrew Kendris Community Leader Apr 08, 2021

Hello @Manisha Adulla - happy to share a screenshot which illustrates the potential Confluence has in pulling in Jira project information. 

Below is an Overview page for a project and everything in a green box is Jira information. 

• There are several JQLs Filter Gadgets that pull in specific Jira issues and pertinent column information
  • There is a link to a single card for reference so members of the team can see it's status without going into Jira
  • There is a Created vs Resolved Chart Gadget

To access the add macros to your Confluence page, go to the "+" at in the toolbar and in the search bar type in the gadget you want to add and it will pop up for you to select.

Jira Data in Confluence.png

Awesome, thank you so much!

We want to be able to see the confluence page on the JIRA dashboard . Can this be done using the Include Page macro?

The Include Page macro is used to display contents of one page in another page. This is great for content reuse so you don't need to update multiple places with the same information manually (the Milestones and deadlines table at the top right in the image above is actually that macro and the header is actually a hyperlink 🙂).  

Unfortunately this macro is not available as a gadget for Jira Dashboards and can only be used in Confluence.

Using the Include Page Macro

Thanks much Andrew!

My pleasure @Manisha Adulla ! 

If this helped answer your question, I’d appreciate if you would accept the answer so we can keep our community informed and help others who may encounter this question later on 😊 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,452 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you