Adding in page numbering automatically when page created from template?

Hi,

I have done some digging around but have not found anything suitable, aside from a plug-in that is not compatible with the Cloud version of Confluence.

I need to find a way to auto number child pages created from the 'Create from template' button on Confluence.

So that the pages would read in the page tree:

> Page Parent

>> 1. Child Page

>>> 1.1 Grandchild Page

>> 2. Child Page

>> 3. Child Page

Essentially replicating the way that numbered headings work in Word.

If anyone has any tips for tackling this or macros etc I would be very grateful.

Thank you,

Liz

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi Liz,

I've looked into this, and while there appear to be many 3rd party add-ons that could help with this on Server, there is not currently an option for Cloud.

I did find the following feature request, however:

I do recommend that you vote on that issue to help show the requirement, as well as comment on it with your use case to help better understand how we can develop it for your needs, should we choose to implement this feature. You may also want to watch the ticket in order to be updated if there is any progress.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query.

I have voted, watched and commented on the issue you linked me to.

I hope that it does get considered soon, as it will greatly help our organisation and documentation of a technically challenging project.

Thank you,

Liz

No worries, Liz! Thank you for your support.

Take care and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,716 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you