Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding comments to published document so that they won't be seen by our audience

Hi,

I'm editing a document in Confluence Cloud. It's been 2 1/2 years since I've done anything significant in this platform, so there's a bit of a re-learning curve. In addition, we were using Confluence Server in 2018 and are now on Cloud.

Questions as follows:

1) If a document is published and I add an inline comment, will end-users reading the doc see it? If so, how can I hide?

2) Does Confluence Cloud now support inline comments when in EDIT mode. I recall a lot of people were asking for this feature.\

PS: How do I know if I'm on the STANDARD product plan? Our URL ppdocs.atlassian.net

Many thanks,

Stephen

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey Community Leader Jun 03, 2021

If they have edit rights to the page, they will be able to see the comments.

And yes, you can now add edits inline

And are you paying for instance or on a free plan? If you are paying, you are on a standard plan.

>>And yes, you can now add edits inline.

How? I entered a comment when not in EDIT mode. Went into EDIT mode and it disappeared. 

Thanks.

And when I clicked CLOSE, the comment did not re-appear. Until I clicked on a button that said something like New content added 6/3/21. Strange........

And per our network admin:

We are paying for everything Confluence related.

Thank you.

Like Bill Bailey likes this

Hi I'd love to close this question but I have not received a complete answer per

• How to view/update comments in EDIT mode.
  • My first comment from my post of June 03, 2021.

Also, I just added a comment in View (not EDIT) mode. It seemed to be added. However, when I exited the page, went to another page, and came back, I could view the comment only when clicking on the highlighted text. Is this behavior expected? I would think that the comments would pop up automatically. Thank you!

Follow-up: It just occurred to me that the comment workflow (showing only one at a time) existed in Server when I was using it from 2016-2018.  It would be so helpful if all comments could auto-display (like they do in platforms such as Word and Google Docs). Could this suggestion be converted to a feature request?

Also, since I can add comments only in VIEW mode, it poses an issue. Suppose I had a sentence: "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs". I change "dogs" to "cats", save but do not publish.

I want my SME to review this change. However, it still reads dogs in VIEW mode, since I haven't published and can't publish b/c I'm not ready to share this doc with are audience. Is there a workaround for this roadblock?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Miss the Confluence demos at Team 21? Watch them here!

Phew, Atlassian Team 2021 blew by. With dozens of demos and a handful of keynotes, you may have missed some of the awesome Confluence Cloud sessions. Don't' worry, you can watch them all here or on Y...

286 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you