Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding all users to all spaces

Vanessa Ollivier September 17, 2020

Currently, I have to manually add staff (users) to each space for them to view or download anything from the spaces. The restrictions is set to "anyone can view and edit" on all spaces, but that's not the case. If I go into "permissions" on the space settings, I can add people there, but is there a way to make all users who have a license with our organisation to view everything without me manually updating each space?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2020

Hi @Vanessa Ollivier ,

For the existing spaces, you have to set them one by one.

On the other hand, modify the Default Space Permissions to add the necessary permissions to the confluence-users group, and the space created after this will automatically inherit this configuration.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2020

As mentioned by @Ollie Guan  the default space permission should fix this issue for you.

1. Go to https://<your-confluence>/wiki/admin/permissions/viewdefaultspacepermissions.action
  2. Edit the default space permission as mentioned by Ollie.
  3. Save the changes.

Also as he mentioned, you may need to add the confluence-users group manually to all existing spaces.

Regards.

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2020

If their in your TEAM GROUP and you have the settings so any in team group can view and join ... you can just go tell them to add theselves, youv'e already approved them into your network, now they can just add themseves as required.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2020

That is not how Confluence works for permissions.  A group will still need to be added to each space, and user cannot just "add themselves", they would need to be space admins (so they would already have been added)

Like Ismael Jimoh likes this
0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2020

Hi @Vanessa Ollivier ,

You can open the link and add the group, "conlfuence-users" to the default space permissions so that they get access by default to all the new spaces that will be created. I leave it to you to decide on the security issues.

<Your confluence domain>/admin/permissions/viewdefaultspacepermissions.action

Or you can go to General configuration and click on Space permissions.

Assuming confluence-users is the group that counts towards your licenses, you can add the group and provide restricted/limited/elevated access as required.

For existing spaces, you may need to add them manually. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events