Adding a seventh header to edit Confluence pages

Beth Sample August 10, 2016

I am hoping someone can help me with adding a seventh header to my Confluence toolbar when editing a page. I have created a stylesheet for automated numbering, and I have one more level I need to label.

h7 currently enables 'preformatted' text, which I have found does not allow me to change the CSS. 

image2016-8-10 17:20:45.png 

Are there any tips that will allow me to add one more header to Confluence? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2016

First, speaking as a tech writer, why on Earth would you want to have an h7? wink

Second, there is no h7 HTML tag. Why you have trouble controlling it.

But assuming that is not enough to stop you,  you have two options, both not pretty.

• Create a user macro that wraps text in a classed p tag (or h6 if you want it recognized in the hierarchy). You will then need to write CSS to style it properly.
  • Write a plugin for the TinyMCE editor that Confluence uses to add your custom style (again classed p tag or similar) to the format pull-down plus CSS. This will be a lot of work but will appear like any other format.

Save

Beth Sample August 16, 2016

Thanks for the tips, I will look at reformatting some content. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events