Adding a Draw.io diagram to an existing Confluence page: WHY is it so difficult!!!

Thomas Bricker January 5, 2020

I have just wasted a half an hour trying to figure out how to add a Draw.io diagram I made in Draw.io to an existing Confluence page.

Every tutorial or instruction I have seen says I need to add a Draw.io macro to my page.

I DO NOT SEE IT in the list of options.

Why is this?

Did Atlassian recently decide to drop its association with Draw.io and not tell anybody?

Or is it more likely, I dont have a necessary configuration set up.

What am I missing here? This should have been ultra-easy. And it is currently impossible form my end so far.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 vote
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2020

Hi

You need to install Draw.io Diagrams for Confluence plugin to have access to draw.io macro on your pages. If you did it before try to disable/enable the plugin and check if it appears in your macro list or not. If you didn't see it check confluence log, It may be some compatibility issues with your instances or other plugins.

If you draw on https://www.draw.io/ website then you have to export it and reimport it into your page on confluence. If you got in trouble with exporting and importing let me know.

Thomas Bricker January 6, 2020

Thank you Ansar,

I figured it might be something like that. I will try the solution and report back.

Thank you.

0 votes
//SEIBERT/MEDIA January 13, 2020

Hi Thomas,

I am sorry that you are not able to add the macro to your Confluence Cloud instance. This is a know issue, see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-58280 for details. Not all Cloud instances are affected, but unfortunately we can't solve the issue for the affected ones because this issue has to be dealt with at Atlassian. We hope that there will be a fix in the near future, until then you have two options for a workaround (also mentioned in the Jira issue above):

• Clear the browser cache OR
  • Work in incognito mode

Best regards
Bastian
draw.io

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events