Adding User-Directory in confluence

Neel Himmatbhai Kheni December 5, 2022

Hello community,

I have been doing a project in which I have to install and connect Local Active Directory with confluence.

I have installed confluence and got documentation related to connecting local domain. It says to go to settings(cog icon) -> General Configuration -> On left side click "User Directories". Here I can add details of my local domain.

But in my browser, I can go to General Configuration, but there is no "User Configuration" available on left side menu bar.

Do I need to enable any settings??? or is there any pre-requisites???

2 answers

1 vote
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

Hi @Neel Himmatbhai Kheni, welcome to the community!

To see the user directories, you need to be a system administrator. It sounds like that's the problem. 

You can read more about Confluence permissions on the link below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/global-permissions-overview-138709.html#GlobalPermissionsOverview-SystemAdministratorandConfluenceAdministratorpermissionscompared

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Melo

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Neel Himmatbhai Kheni ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

As said by @Melo it is a permission issue. There is a difference between a Confluence System Administrator and a Confluence Administartor (for more information take a look here https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/global-permissions-overview-138709.html).

You are a Confluence Administrator and, in order to setup User Directories, you need to be a Confluence system administrator.

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events