Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Table of Contents inside Panel

Deleted user June 1, 2020

Previously with Confluence, you could insert a Panel into a page column/section and then you could add another macro into that panel - Eg. a Table of contents. 

Now, with the updated version, it looks like you can only add in text to a panel. And when trying to add in the TOC it automatically adds below the panel. 

Any help/ideas appreciated! 

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 10.23.51 am.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

As far as I can see, you can't nest standard Confluence macros in the new Cloud editor.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68323

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2022

I'm sad that this still isn't allowed in 2022 (soon to be 2023). 🫤

Like Ingo Mohr likes this
Ingo Mohr February 10, 2024

It's still not a feature in 2024, apparently - and I just realised you can't do this on Confluence Cloud.

Is there an issue for this on Atlassian's side of things we could track ourselves for progress updates?

TOCs w/o a panel w/ a headline look kind of broken to me - especially after the idea of a headline such as "On this page" on a panel which contains the TOC came from an Atlassian-talk years ago for Confluence Server (before Cloud was a thing).

Pls bring nesting for panels back. Thanks.

EDIT: Apparently, user macros are not a thing in Confluence Cloud, either. So there's no easy work around for this one, too (where you could add a "Card" user macro - w/o having to write a plugin or Forge app). I'm starting to wonder if Atlassian wants to make things more difficult for users on purpose...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events