Adding JIRA two dimensional filter gadget to a confluence page

Hi - I'm using Confluence and JIRA OnDemand. I want to add the JIRA Two Dimensional Filter Gadget to a confluence page. Unforatunately, it is not a macro. Is there a way to do this? I read in some other posts that it is but not sure if it's available in OnDemand. I saw how to add confluence gadgets to jira and tried the same process where I have the XML but that's as far as I could get. I couldn't find a place to add the gadget to the directory. I'm not a system admin though so perhaps I need permission. In any case, is this even possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Steve - Thank you for the quick response. I completely missed that. Sorry about that.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 06, 2014
No worries Sheila, it's helping me learn and grow myself. Good luck and keep asking questions!
Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 06, 2014

Since you are using Confluence AND JIRA through Atlassian OnDemand (AOD), AppLinks and Imported Gadgets *should* already be set up. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Adding+JIRA+Gadgets+to+a+Confluence+Page

If this is set up the way I think it's supposed to be set up, you should be able to

1. go to Confluence
  2. edit a page
  3. open the macro brower
  4. click External Content
  5. find the Two Dimensional Filter

Once you add that, the additional configuration should show up where you can add your filter.

My experience with OnDemand is pretty mild as I've spent most of my time working with Standalone copies. Let me know if this option isn't avaliable to you, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AODhas all the Atlassian OnDemand documentation and according to that it's pretty clear that you're supposed to set up these gadgets with no configuration.

Or is there an alternative for writing JQL in a Jira issue/filter macro in Confluence that counts the number of issues by assignee (and/or project)? I was thinking a count or group by syntax but i don't think jql for searching allows this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

468 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you