Adding Issue Link to Confluence Page Via Rest API

Graham_Hudson August 30, 2017

Hello, I am a customer on jira cloud,

right now when you paste a issue link into a confluence page the macro takes it and links it to jira. In the jira issue you can see it says "mentioned in <Page Name>" with a link to it.

I am using rest API's to create confluence pages, I am looking to add in this exact functionality while I am creating the page.

I have tried this Confluence Wiki format:
{jiraissues:key=S555555-4}

{jira:key=S555555-4} (same result)

This didn't work, while it does show up on the confluence page as expected, the issue doesn't say that it was "mentioned" as expected.

I found this page...
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-storage-format-724765084.html

I think the macro section at the top is what I need, but it seems I don't have quite enough rights to see the "View Storage Format" on the *** bar, so I can't find the information I need to make that work.

If anyone could help me that would be great.

I kinda have a work around if need be, but it would be nice if there was a simple soultion to this.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Graham_Hudson August 31, 2017

This is for anyone who needs this:

<ac:structured-macro 
ac:name=\"jira\"
ac:schema-version=\"1\"
ac:macro-id=\"ce876bed-eeb4-4592-9255-a3a216c1d507\">
<ac:parameter ac:name=\"server\">System JIRA</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name=\"serverId\">YOUR-SERVER-ID</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name=\"key\">YOUR-ISSUE-KEY</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>

This worked great for me, also, you need "administrators" rights on your account to see it, "confluence-admin" was not enough. And the button to "View Storage Format" was found on the page NOT the edit page.

Luke Salvoni August 2, 2019

Graham - this is genius, thanks for sharing!

I really hope Atlassian document this someday!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events