Adding Excerpt to Mail Notification

Daniel Koeck August 8, 2017

Hello,
We have a request from a user who wants to include the excerpt of a page in a Confluence notification, next to or below the page title which is displayed as a link in the mail.

How can we do that? - I think this method needs to be used: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/customizing-email-templates-168001822.html

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2017

I am not sure how to edit the email templates - perhaps one of the developers in our Community can pipe up with the needed code.

I am answering to let you know that the functionality you are describing was supposed to be implemented in Confluence 5.2:

Include page and blog post content excerpts in mention email

If your Confluence version is above 5.2, please attach a screen shot that shows the email with no excerpt (redacting email addresses and other secure information, of course). 

Daniel Koeck August 21, 2017

Thanks for your reply. I'm wondering if the functionality only applies to mention mails... This post is about normal notifications.

I'm attaching two screenshots where you can see the page with the excerpt and the notification that's without excerpt.

Thanks in advance!

e-mail without excerpt_mod.jpgexcerpt in the page_mod.jpg

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2017

The notification in the screenshot you posted is for a comment, and it looks like the comment is in the email.

Here is a notification from when "123" was added to a page, as you can see, there is a little excerpt from the page, and it says what was changed:Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 1.11.00 PM.png

Please let me know what version of Confluence you are using. The version is at the bottom of each page and can be viewed at Confluence Admin>System Information.

Daniel Koeck August 22, 2017

We're using Confluence 6.2.4

Daniel Koeck September 5, 2017

So does that mean that the excerpt is only shown for notifications for page changes, not for comments?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events