Adding Confluence (or other ondemand subscriptions) to an existing private domain.

Soyoung Shin January 16, 2012

Hey, in addition to my public account, I'm the admin for a private domain. I'd like to start the trial for Confluence, but can't find it anywhere in the JIRA dashboard, and the confluence trial signup (here http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/try/) doesn't have an option for adding on to a private domain. How do I do this?

2 answers

1 vote
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2012

Not positive I am sure what you are talking about, but let me try. Are you trying to add Confluence locally to your local install of JIRA (aka download version)? If this is what you are looking for, things are a bit different in the 'download' versions.

If you are running Atlassian OnDemand, you are working with an inclusive suite of applications in which the applications can easily be added and removed and all share a common UI. This setup is not currently available for download.

All license changes are done at my.atlassian.com. From there, adding Confluence to your OnDemand instance is just a matter of entering the order. To have a version of Confluence running behind your firewall, you can sign-up on the same site and get your license key. From there, you can download, install, etc. your local version of Confluence, however it is going to be launched and accessed on it's own. You can link the applications, setup SSO, etc., but it is going to be a different user experience.

My apologies if I misunderstood your question and please let me know if so I can look into the issue.

0 votes
Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2012

Instructions on how to trial an application/Add-on can be found here in our Atlassian OnDemand FAQ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events