Adding Anonymous Access to Space

Daniel Rose December 8, 2020

Hi, I'm struggling a bit here. I'm trying to enable anonymous access for my Confluence Cloud space and have been trying to follow the guides to do this. My problem is that I do not have the Anonymous Users section on either the space permissions, or the global permissions pages. I have groups, and individual users, but no anonymous user section.

I am on the standard plan - albeit the free trial for now.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

The spaces will not show anonymous until you have enabled it in the global permissions.

There is only one global permission page, and it should show four sections - Groups, Individual users, Unlicenced Access and Anonymous at the bottom.

If it is not there, then I would guess that you are using a free install of Confluence, not a Trial.

Daniel Rose December 8, 2020

Thanks for this but I've checked. It clearly says I'm on the trial and this is doubly true as you can't change any settings in the free version but I can. I've contacted support as I've found some other weird things that suggest something is wrong in the back end - for example, my profile says I've never logged into confluence...despite literally being logged in to view that!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2020

Yeah, that sounds messed up, definitely a support call!

Daniel Rose December 9, 2020

Support have solved this now. There's a new feature called "public links" and when this is on the anonymous options don't show. Turning public links off re-enables it. 

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2020

@Daniel Rose

Would you mind asking them for some documentation on public links? I've been searching for it and can't find anything online.

It sounds kind of like what's mentioned here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-32999

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events