Added calendar types have disappeared for a calendar.

Grady Drew January 11, 2019

Has anyone had an issue where custom calendar event types disappear? I have one calendar that has no restrictions, and the added calendar types are not available in the drop-down when creating an event. 

The calendar itself shows all the event types as filters, however. 

Any help appreciated...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2019

Grady,

Are the custom event types seen in the Calendar settings themselves, or are they missing from there as well? Did you recently perform an upgrade?

Regards,

Shannon

Grady Drew January 14, 2019

The old calendar types are shown on the calendar, but when opting to create a new event, the added events are not in the drop-down list. I do not know if we have performed a update recently, but I suspect not. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2019

Hi Grady,

In reference to my first question, I wanted to find out if you can still see the custom event types from the Edit screen of your calendar:

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 2.39.37 PM.png

Since you can still see the events on your calendar using the Custom Event Types, you might need to have your instance reindexed.

As this requires support to interact with your instance, I would recommend reaching out to them directly at support.atlassian.com. Then they can take a look at your instance specifically, see what might have happened, and run a re-index. If that doesn't help, they can investigate further. You'll want to link to this thread when you create the case with them.

Once they're able to determine why your custom event types aren't shown when creating a new event, please feel free to update this thread with the solution for future users.

Regards,

Shannon

Grady Drew January 15, 2019

Only some of the added event types are there, but none of the ones that we were using. 

I'll see if i can get a re-index going. Thank you!

Like Shannon S likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events